ASP Classic Support RRS feed

• Question

• User31512183 posted

Hi everyone,

Premise:
    I am aware that ASP Classic has not been supported by Microsoft for many years.
    I have a website that I started developing in 2002 and maintained until now with ASP Classic.

I no longer deal with development other than my website which in the meantime has become strategic for my business.
    In addition to the website, there is a back office for the management of orders, invoices, contacts with customers, etc.

Thinking of migrating it to another language means investing a lot of time and a lot of money, also creating a big inconvenience for my company.

Question:
    Will Asp Classic continue to work? or is there any planning for the various browsers or Microsoft itself to remove it completely causing the site to become unusable?

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, January 30, 2021 7:05 AM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

Classic ASP is still supported and will be all the time that it is included in IIS, which is a component of Windows Server. It has the same support lifecycle as the parent server. That's up to 2027 on Win Server 2016 and 2029 on Server 2019. It just hasn't been developed since version 3 was released in 2000. 

Classic ASP executes on the server, so there is nothing that browsers can do to affect it or stop it working.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:42 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

Classic ASP is still supported and will be all the time that it is included in IIS, which is a component of Windows Server. It has the same support lifecycle as the parent server. That's up to 2027 on Win Server 2016 and 2029 on Server 2019. It just hasn't been developed since version 3 was released in 2000. 

Classic ASP executes on the server, so there is nothing that browsers can do to affect it or stop it working.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:42 AM
  • User31512183 posted

Hi,

thanks for your answer, now I am much more serene!

Best Regards,
    Emiliano

Thursday, February 4, 2021 4:39 PM