Adding ActiveX control to MS Visual Studio 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a third party ActiveX which I'd like to utilise with a project developed using Visual Studio 2005, mostly developed in C#.

I've taken the .ocx and run RegSvr32 and AxImp against it.

In Visual Studio I've added the control to the toolbox, but when I try to add it to a form I get the following :
        Message box : Failed to register the ActiveX control. Please ensure it is registered properly
    3 warnings
        1 :  Could not resolve dependent COM reference "stdole, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
        2 : Failed to create the wrapper assembly for type library "AxWTReaderNet". Exception of type 'Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ComReferenceResolutionException' was thrown.
        3 : The referenced component 'AxWTReaderNet' could not be found. Failed to create the wrapper assembly for type library "AxWTReaderNet". Exception of type 'Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ComReferenceResolutionException' was thrown.   

I also have Visual Studio .NET 2003 on the same machine, and I can add the control to the form without error using that.

I've done some searching without success, the only similar error seems to be related to adding a flash control to a VB form.

Monday, September 25, 2006 9:37 AM

Answers

• RainyDayz,

Thanks for the question.  It appears that you are doing everything correctly.  The fact that the system cannot find stdole.dll is troubling since that should be installed with the .Net Framework.  This is probably the root of the problem.  Perhaps you can reinstall the .Net Framework and VS to alleviate this issue, or you might be able to find stdole.dll and put it in the GAC yourself.

Good luck.

Friday, September 29, 2006 8:27 PM