none
EAS - <Search> results data mapping into device mailstore RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This question is corollary to previous question titled "How to Get serverID from LongID in EAS"

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/os_exchangeprotocols/thread/4f0c3caf-9fb1-4b81-864b-c0227d1cde2f

The use case is : The exchange search results for the request, generated using my EAS client.
    Is already available in my device mailstore.

But as of now there is no provision in the specification to have some mapping of LongId to ServerId.
    Also it is unnecessary data/battery burden user has to bear to fetch the data which is already available.

I guess i will need to have a local implementation of search on the device's mailstore first then i can request server to provide more results, if user wants to? -->usually we will need server results which has more information(processing power, etc...) than the device can have.

Just to clarify:

1. Can protocol be updated to include LongId -> ServerId mapping?
    2. Is there technical issue in implementing such a requiremetn at eXServer? -> my understanding says it should not have any issues as it has both information available.
    3. When can we expect protocol specs to be updated to include this minor revison? -> should have asked later ;)

Thanks
    czar

Friday, August 27, 2010 3:43 AM

Answers

• czar,

i am archiving this issue. if you wish to investigate in the future, please re-post to the forum.

dominic salemno
    escalation engineer
    open specifications

Monday, September 13, 2010 5:32 PM

All replies

• Hi, czar,

Thanks for your question. We will work on that and let you know.

Hongwei Sun -MSFT
    Friday, August 27, 2010 2:55 PM
  • czar,

I am the engineer who has taken ownership of your questions.

Dominic Salemno
    Escalation Engineer
    Open Specifications

Friday, September 3, 2010 3:20 PM
  • czar,

why do you think such a conversion is necessary?

Dominic Salemno
    Escalation Engineer
    Open Specifications

Friday, September 3, 2010 5:08 PM
  • czar,

do you still wish for me to investigate?

dominic salemno
    escalation engineer
    open specifications

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 1:51 PM
  • czar,

i am archiving this issue. if you wish to investigate in the future, please re-post to the forum.

dominic salemno
    escalation engineer
    open specifications

Monday, September 13, 2010 5:32 PM