Subreport in Visual Studio 2008 Express RRS feed

• Question

• User-804859193 posted

Hi all,

Can anybody give a complete example with graphics and codes to create master detail report using sub-report ?

I know how to create a report from a single dataset joining master and detail data and then use :

1) textboxes to view master data and

2) table to view the detail.

However, I also would like to see an working example of sub-report, which is nested in a master report through a subreport control and gets the parameter value from master report.

My working environment is Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition and the reports are created as .rdlc files in the project.

It would be helpful if the code is given vb .net.

Thanks

Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:41 AM

Answers

• User-804859193 posted

Vwd 2008 express does support report editing, vwd 2010 express does not. Please double check. I have done basic reports in vwde 2008 hoping to get master detail complete report example in vb. net. Basically i m stumbled at parameter. Where do I set the parameter of subreport? At the dataset level, or at the subreport or at the subreport control in the master report? With enough time I may get it but time is what I don't have enough. Thanks,

UPDATE

I have done it. Anybody willing to know how may write in this post and I will give the solution here.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:32 PM

All replies

• User197322208 posted

My working environment is Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition and the reports are created as .rdlc files in the project.

As I know, VWDE does not support rdlc editing

Thursday, January 12, 2012 4:07 PM
  • User-804859193 posted

Vwd 2008 express does support report editing, vwd 2010 express does not. Please double check. I have done basic reports in vwde 2008 hoping to get master detail complete report example in vb. net. Basically i m stumbled at parameter. Where do I set the parameter of subreport? At the dataset level, or at the subreport or at the subreport control in the master report? With enough time I may get it but time is what I don't have enough. Thanks,

UPDATE

I have done it. Anybody willing to know how may write in this post and I will give the solution here.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:32 PM