none
i wanna write subscript & superscript RRS feed

• Question

• hi, im developing at visual studio c# datagridview.

i know that have to write subscript, superscript on dataGridView column text.

so i check the unicode..

but unicode have a little alphabet..

i wanna whole alphabet.

if u know write that superscript & subscript,

send mail( ilubis@naver.com ) for me

or write reply

thank you for your attention

• Edited by dev iswoo Monday, July 11, 2016 8:02 AM
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Monday, July 11, 2016 2:44 PM Winforms related
    Monday, July 11, 2016 8:01 AM

Answers

• Ohh ... sorry for the delay, but I think I got it.

Subscript and superscript does not belong to a character. It is just part of the format.

So you have to divide between the characters e.g. "abc" and how they are displayed. So you could have them in subscript, superscript, bold, different sizes, different colors and so on.

So you need a control that supports such formats. So a possible solution could be to add such controls to your datagridview which then shows the formated text.

And the next question is, how you want to store these format information. There are different formats that could allow this e.g. XML or RTF.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, July 11, 2016 8:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I fear that I do not understand your problem. Could you clarify it please?

And with unicode you have all characters. With Unicode you do not have a "little alphabet". The core idea behind unicode is, that it can be used for all world's writing systems. So you might be interested in reading the wikipedia article about unicode.

There are different encodings of Unicode (mainly UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-32) but text can be converted between these. Inside the .Net Framework, strings are stored in Unicode (UTF-16).

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, July 11, 2016 8:35 AM
  • Ohh ... sorry for the delay, but I think I got it.

Subscript and superscript does not belong to a character. It is just part of the format.

So you have to divide between the characters e.g. "abc" and how they are displayed. So you could have them in subscript, superscript, bold, different sizes, different colors and so on.

So you need a control that supports such formats. So a possible solution could be to add such controls to your datagridview which then shows the formated text.

And the next question is, how you want to store these format information. There are different formats that could allow this e.g. XML or RTF.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, July 11, 2016 8:41 AM