wrapping text RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I have a paragraph to print from a database I load the paragraph into A textbox and I get the text 1 line at a time to send to a printer or to a text file.

this method works perfect everytime, but is there a better/easier way I am missing?
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:24 PM

Answers

•  

It you put it in the database of any kind formatted, it will come out formatted. Trust me.

I'm not an expert at all on the printdocument but I don't see a way to do that.

As far as a form is concerned, there are all kinds of ways, The simplest may be to have two sideby side textboxes

and even that's going to be messy.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 8:04 PM

All replies

•  

It doesn't sound as if the "paragraph" has internal formatting in the form of embedded Carriage returns and line feeds.

You may need to add them in.      OR

Setting the textbox multiline property to true will make it wrap for you.

Also using the printdocument class and setting margins should format for you.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:51 PM
  •  

Yes, I use a textbox and I set it to wrap.

most of the time I want multiple paragraphs side by side on a page(like in a newspaper). would setting margins do this??

no internal formatting, it would come from an Access DB(.mdb)

Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:54 PM
  •  

It you put it in the database of any kind formatted, it will come out formatted. Trust me.

I'm not an expert at all on the printdocument but I don't see a way to do that.

As far as a form is concerned, there are all kinds of ways, The simplest may be to have two sideby side textboxes

and even that's going to be messy.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 8:04 PM