Android Emulator Manager becomes disable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

i am facing one problem in my visual studio 2015. once i creating xamarin application using visual studio 2015.and i go to the

Tools =>Android=>Android Emulator Manager

Android SDK Manager

so all options become Disables and i am not able to use Android Emulator . please help me and 

Thursday, September 1, 2016 5:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Faizkhan,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, it looks like all options under Tool—Android menu are gray out, right? If you directly open VS and those options are also disabled?

1. Please go to Control Panel—Programs and Features and right click the ‘Microsoft Visual Studio Emulator for Android’ to Change-Repair, after that, reopen VS and check it again.

2. Go to Tools—Options—Xamarin—Android settings and check the path of the android SDK location is correct.

3. Go to Control Panel—Programs and Features and right click the VS 2015 item and Change-Modify, then confirm the components about android emulator and android SDK are already checked, if not, check it and update. If they are already installed, please select to repair the VS.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 2, 2016 5:51 AM