App not showing up in store search RRS feed

• Question

• My was published almost a month ago. It is not showing up in any phone store search--even by its exact name.

There is a working link to the site, and--somehow--the stats show a few downloads. But it does not show up in searches for me, or for anyone else who has tried.

It is public, it is not beta, and it is not hidden. The app is called "Performance Timer," and no phone search shows it.

Any thoughts?

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 3:59 AM

All replies

• Hello ,

I have just experienced and investigated that paid apps don't appear on windows phone store in new+rising category , when accessed through windows phone devices.  However, it do appears on windowsphone.com . 

Fellow developers might also experiencing the issues as my friends are experiencing this issue too. 

Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:45 PM
  • My was published almost a month ago. It is not showing up in any phone store search--even by its exact name.

There is a working link to the site, and--somehow--the stats show a few downloads. But it does not show up in searches for me, or for anyone else who has tried.

It is public, it is not beta, and it is not hidden. The app is called "Performance Timer," and no phone search shows it.

Any thoughts?

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:41 AM
  • I have a application in the windows phone store that was published about 4 days ago when I go to the windows phone store and search the name of my application I never seem to find it how long does it take to show up on the search results? Thanks!
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:10 PM
  • Similar questions have been asked, but nothing quite gives a definitive answer..

I recently submitted a little domain search app (http://tinyurl.com/domainsearchapp), but the name "Domain Search" had already gone, so I called it "DomainSearch" and made sure I put both "Domain" and "Search" in the keywords. However, I'm very disappointed with what happens when searching for "domain" in the store, both on the device and on a PC. On the device, the app doesn't show up at all, whereas on the PC it appears on the 3rd page of results, effectively the 124th result. In both cases, loads of other apps appear in the results that appear to have nothing do to with domains. The app "Domain Checker", crucially with a space, is the 3rd result.

Are the store listings so heavily weighted towards the app name and the keywords have little effect? Am I best renaming the app to something else that at least has a space after "Domain"? Is it that the app is new, and it'll work its way up the relevance listings?

Also, is it against the rules if I just leave the original app in place and then submit another app with identical behaviour, under another name, so that I can see how that gets on in the store?

Thanks!

Saturday, August 9, 2014 12:16 PM
  • Sure, I'm a .NET developer, so I want to continue developing for Windows Phone.  However, the platform has many issues.  Mainly the store.  First, my app can't be found in search results, then it can, now its back to can't.  Tried searching case sensitive.  I've got some downloads of my app, so I managed to get on the "new and rising" page in my category.  Now, the app is gone off that page.  There's no rhyme or reason.  The first page result of "New and Rising" has 3 apps on it!  Its not even a full page of results.  These first three apps have like 1 review.  What gives?  How is that new and rising?  The second page of results actually is a full page of apps.  This is very strange.  So now there's no way for users to discover my app.  Yes, I'm also spending money on advertising, and contacting blogs etc to get reviews.  But the store is very much out of order in my opinion.
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:29 PM
  • hello i publish my app i can find on website

http://www.windowsphone.com/tr-tr/store/app/molitva/b748d572-9d02-4547-aaf8-a13a2839b665

but i couldnt find it on store how come .My app's name is molitva when i search molitva i got nothing

Friday, August 15, 2014 4:46 AM
  • ok now i search on emulator stores i can see it but still i can not see on my phones stores any idea

my app is enabled for all countries 

my phones language is english 

region is bosnia and hercegovina

time format is turkey

Friday, August 15, 2014 10:41 AM
  • i can find it on my phone. give bit more time. can take some time before all search indeces are updated

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Friday, August 15, 2014 12:25 PM