none
is it installed? RRS feed

• Question

• how do I know that .NET Framework 4 Client Profile is installed on my 2012 R2 server?
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:39 PM

All replies

• how do I know if .NET Framework 4 Extended is installed on my 2012 R2 server?

wouldn't it be handy if Microsoft provide this information (a verification clue) for each of their products?  because, sometimes the QA folks aren't doing the software installs, but yet have to certify that the software has been installed.  but when you can't find it in Programs and Features, where does one look?

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:42 PM
  • Dear my friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

To verify the .NET Framework versions setup, there has a .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool from here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2008/10/13/net-framework-setup-verification-tool-users-guide/

This .NET Framework setup verification tool is designed to automatically perform a set of steps to verify the installation state of one or more versions of the .NET Framework on a computer.  It will verify the presence of files, directories, registry keys and values for the .NET Framework.  It will also verify that simple applications that use the .NET Framework can be run correctly.

If you want to know all installed software on your computer, you can use MsiInv tool to gather information about what is installed on a computer. What’s more, please see this blog: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2005/07/01/using-msiinv-to-gather-information-about-what-is-installed-on-a-computer/

1. Download msiinv.zip
    2. Extract the contents of msiinv.zip to the folder c:\msiinv on your system
    3. Click on the Start menu, choose Run, type cmd and click OK
    4. Type this command:  c:\msiinv\msiinv.exe -p > c:\msiinv\msiinv_output.txt

Note: This command must be run from a cmd prompt or it will not create a log file as expected.

If you have any other issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 7:24 AM