Silverlight 4 - how to skip building localized resources at Bin / Debug RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to skip building localized resources at Bin / Debug foler?

There are many folders for languages but my application work only in English and these folders aren't required or me. I think it could speed up build process. Right now this application contains about 40 Silverlight modules projects and building it on VS2010 takes ages..

Are there any ways how to speed up building on developers' machines?

Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Syed Danish,

There are many folders for languages but my application work only in English and these folders aren't required or me. I think it could speed up build process. Right now this application contains about 40 Silverlight modules projects and building it on VS2010 takes ages..

You can simply remove the reference to System.Windows.Controls.Data.Input.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To stop building un necessary projects in the application. Go to Build Menu -> Configuration manager the pop up appears uncheck the project you dont need to be build repeatedly, this will reduce the build time.

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Danish

Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:47 AM
  •  All projects are required!

Hi,

To stop building un necessary projects in the application. Go to Build Menu -> Configuration manager the pop up appears uncheck the project you dont need to be build repeatedly, this will reduce the build time.

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Danish

Thursday, June 3, 2010 7:11 AM
  • Hi Syed Danish,

You can simply remove the reference to System.Windows.Controls.Data.Input.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 4:55 AM