Due Date validation in SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• I would like Validation set on Field "Due Date" in SharePoint list so that IF due date is 14 days or less then the"created" date then have message "Please give Us more time, etc..."

I tried adding the following formula =IF(DATEDIF([Due Date], [Created],"d")>14,"No","Yes") to the Due date column validation formula box

but it does not work I get error

Sorry, something went wrong

NoComponentId

Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please use this formula in List Settings ->Validation Settings:

=IF(DATEDIF(Created,[Due Date],"d")>14,TRUE,FALSE)

In DATEDIF formula, [Due Date] must be greater than Created, so change like above and check with TRUE,FALSE for the result.

And here is the valid item data, Created Date is Today 11/2/2018, >14 days, should be 11/17/2018:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 2, 2018 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please use this formula in List Settings ->Validation Settings:

=IF(DATEDIF(Created,[Due Date],"d")>14,TRUE,FALSE)

In DATEDIF formula, [Due Date] must be greater than Created, so change like above and check with TRUE,FALSE for the result.

And here is the valid item data, Created Date is Today 11/2/2018, >14 days, should be 11/17/2018:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 2, 2018 9:43 AM
  • Thank you , that worked !!
    Friday, November 2, 2018 2:30 PM