none
Windows Industry Pro 8.1 kiosked application launched but not shown RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We incur the following issue :

- We have configured a full unbranded Windows 8.1 Industry pro installation.

- With ELM, we have kiosked an app written in the directory c:\myapp\apptokiosk\theapp.exe with the user name "mykiosk"

- We do several reboot, and anytime the machine boot automaticaly into "mykiosk" account and launch "theapp.exe" properly: everything is fine.

- We made a deployement image and it has been deployed on 4 machines.

BUT and here is my disapointment :

* randomly the kiosk failed definitely -> only the black background is chown; mouse and keyboard are ok ; if i log in my administrator cession i can see that the app is launched; if we reboot the machine it still in the same state : app running and not displayed ; it occur on any of the deployed PCs but not at the same time.

* More strange : I found a palliative action : rename the app directory appkiosk to appkiosk2 and reasign it in ELM. The kiosk is fine again ! but only for a few days ! if i rename back to the original name : issue ; if i rename to appkiosk2 : fine for a few days ; I cannot use again a directory name that incur the issue.

If anyone got a brilliant idea please help !

Thank you and best regards.

Patrice

Thursday, June 11, 2015 8:03 AM