none
Uses for the Action Property with SQL and Oracle DB Adapters RRS feed

• Question

• This thread is a complement to the Wiki Article BizTalk: Streamlining WCF SQL and Oracle Messaging-Only and Other Patterns

The question.  In what circumstances is explicitly setting the Action value with the WCF SQL and Oracle DB bindings useful or beneficial. 

A complimentary question.  Is it even possible to set the Action value to anything other than exactly what is required by the Message.

I ask because of three very specific behaviors of the bindings themselves:

1. The binding enforces a match between the Action and the Message, therefore...
    2. There is a one-to-one relationship between the Message and Action, but...
    3. The binding is able to correctly derive and perform the requested operation with the unspecific CompositeOperation.

For clarity, I understand how to set the Action. I. understand what the Action represents in the SOAP scheme. I understand how Action can be used as an abstraction for SOAP operations.

Thoughts?

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 2:36 PM

All replies

• Do you have any good suggestion to learn how to use action property with SQL and Oracle DB adapters?  I learn a lot from your replies for years in BizTalk forum. :)
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:27 AM