Auto connect from Excel To Azure SSAS Tabular RRS feed

• Question

• Dear People,

I would like to know if it is possible to make a macro or button in Excel that people could auto connect to SSAS Azure tabulare, without providing the credentials or making the connection from Excel again and again. To make the connection each time is to complicated for the business users, they should not be worry with providing credentials or naming properties and all items that are Questionable in the "External data connection interface from Excel".

Is this possible? I could not found any documentation about this.

Thanks in advanace,

Regards,

Michael

Sunday, September 29, 2019 9:02 AM

Answers

• Hi

I don't think this can be directly done in Excel with a single button. But, You can have a alternative as below

The Analyze in Excel feature in SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) opens Microsoft Excel, creates a data source connection to the model workspace database, and adds a PivotTable to the worksheet. Model objects (tables, columns, measures, hierarchies, and KPIs) are included.

Please go through the below link for further details.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/analysis-services/tabular-models/analyze-a-tabular-model-in-excel-ssas-tabular

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Sunday, September 29, 2019 12:50 PM