none
Question regarding the CSLA framework RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently in the beggining stages of designing an application around the CLSA framework. Before i go too far i would like to know if anyone has used this framework successfully in any mid to large size applications? If not, what went wrong? I like the way the framework is layed out but its a big investment in time and money (work hours). Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:12 AM

All replies

• I had Rocky's book (highly recommended) and have reviewed the CLSA.NET framework, but I have never used it in a production environment.  I have used a custom port of the CSTemplates (http://cstemplates.sourceforge.net) framework for the past year or two.  It has worked extremely well in both very large and small systems.  The good thing about working with a framework is that your code will have consistency across your business and data access layers thus making you more efficient.  I would also recommend using something like CodeSmith to help generate your objects.  There are templates included with Codesmith to generate CLSA.NET and the cstemplates that I previously mentioned.
    Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:08 PM
  • Hi Kalos_E,

I apreciate that you are going to use the CSLA architecture. I need to have some more inputs on the approach you are taking presently to guide you.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 8:19 AM