none
GMA driver missing after Generalize / OOBE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I am setting up a WES7 for a Intel ATOM board with the N450 CPU. After the standard image is installed from a IBW USB key I install the GMA3150 driver from Intel and all other necessary driver like network, sound ...

After that when everything is set I start the generalization process with OOBE and shutdown with sysprep.

I take an Image from this status after shutdown.

When I apply this image ( or start the original image for that matter ) on the target device all drivers are in and working except the GMA3150 driver, I have to install that one again.

I tried to install the drivers in audit mode and not.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you a lot, 

Thorsten 

Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:00 AM

All replies

• Try using an unattend file with Sysprep that includes PersistAllDeviceInstalls setting to true.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    • Proposed as answer by Willi K Monday, February 4, 2013 12:25 PM
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:44 PM
  • Is it possible to make a setting like that in the answer file so it is in the IBW already without going unattended?

Thorsten 

Friday, March 18, 2011 8:31 AM
  • The setting is Pass3 so you could try it, but I am not sure if the setting will stick after running sysprep.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 4:45 AM