none
Can't create filesystemobject or WIA.ImageFile object on remote desktop server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a small MS Access database for managing media files. I rely on the VBA filesystemobject to modify files and folders, and the WIA.ImageFile object to access extended file properties of media files. On my Laptop and the various Windows PCs the database has been tested on, it works without a hitch. However, when it is run on the remote desktop server, I get an "ActiveX can't create object" error when I call createobject("scripting.filesystemobject") or createobject("WIA.ImageFile").

We have checked that the scrrun.dll and waiaut.dll are present on the server, and that they are registered. We have tried running the database as user and admin to identify if a permissions issue, but we get the same error regardless. The office installation on the server is 32-bit. It is important to me that people can use the database when logged on remotely.

What can I do from here?

Regards,

Mitch

Monday, September 19, 2016 6:26 AM

All replies

• Hi MPearce79,

Since this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tool, and your issue is more related to VBA, I will move this thread to the more related forum.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Neda Zhang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 19, 2016 7:09 AM
  • I am not familiar with terminal services and remote desktop connections.  Office products need to run under a user account.  You can't run under a system account.  Can you make terminal services run under a user account?  As a test can you start it as 'Run as Admin'.
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:48 PM