none
This computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Terminal Services Gateway server's certificate is expired or revoked RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have setup a TS gateway to connect to a RD server. I have requested and installed a certificate from a trusted CA. Everything is working fine, but sometimes when I try to connect I recieve the following error message:

This computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Terminal Services Gateway server's certificate is expired or revoked

When I click ok and try to connect again inmediatly, I can connect.

I have tried on diffirent computers and diffrent versions of Windows (XP, Vista, 7). They all have this same problem. What could be the problem? please help!

Sunday, July 25, 2010 3:28 PM

All replies

• I think there is a problem when computers try to communicate with the CRL (Certificate Revocation list) or the AIA (Authority Information access).

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Best regards.

Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:55 PM
  • Great, is there anything I can do about this?
    Monday, July 26, 2010 8:17 AM
  • You have not tried to change the CRL or the AIA locations before the problem had appeared?

Best regards.

Monday, July 26, 2010 11:13 AM
  • Hi Malek,

Is it possible that this error could occur if the TS gateway is multi homed?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:34 AM
  • I don't have any ideas about that. All what I know is that your system will contact the CRL and the AIA to see if your certificates have expired or are revoked.

Best regards.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:47 AM
  • Check the user has the required permission to login remotely.

I have faces similar issues recently in my work environment.

Hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by AsimPervaz Saturday, May 18, 2013 1:27 PM
    Saturday, May 18, 2013 1:27 PM