none
Sideload Metro App code sign with makecert RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

the certificate that Visual Studio needs to sign the app can be created with makecert.exe or must be created with a CA?

The client machine (Windows 8 Enterprise) is already in the domain and with the setting "Allow trusted apps to install" in the GPO

With the correct params in makecert.exe I can set the EKU and other atributes that the certificate needs.

Thank in advance
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the certificate that Visual Studio needs to sign the app can be created with makecert.exe or must be created with a CA?

The client machine (Windows 8 Enterprise) is already in the domain and with the setting "Allow trusted apps to install" in the GPO

With the correct params in makecert.exe I can set the EKU and other atributes that the certificate needs.

Thank in advance

Thursday, August 8, 2013 2:11 PM
  • Are you creating a cert for testing or for sideloading?

For the former see: How to create an app package signing certificate
    For sideloading you should already have the trusted cert. Sideloading is an administrative process rather than a developer one, so it is best discussed in the TechNet forums. See Try It Out - Sideload Windows Store Apps for a walkthrough.

--Rob

Thursday, August 8, 2013 4:56 PM
  • Hi Rob,

I'll try in the Technet forums.

I have already read the article "Try It Out - Sideload Windows Store Apps", and doesn't say nothing concrete about the "source" of the cert.

Finally, I have created the certificate using makecert (with the params need it) then I have installed in the trusted Trusted Root Certification Authorities and works for me.

Friday, August 9, 2013 6:20 AM