none
References for multiple projects

Question

• Hi,

I have a solution with multiple projects. One of the projects handles CRUD methods that communicates with an external system. In order to be able to communicate with the external system it needs to have a certificate and some references. But it seems that other projects that are referencing the CRUD project also needs to have the same certificate and same references, is this really correct? Or am I missing som setting? The best thing would be if only the CRUD project would need the required files.

Example of solution structure:

Project A - Provides CRUD methods (need special references).
    Project B - References project A and calls the CRUD methods in A. Does this project also need the same references as in project A?

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:05 PM

Answers

• Hi AsusT9,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

As far as I know, the Project B should also need the certificate even your Project A has certificate. Otherwise, any project can community with the external system through your Project A.

If you don't want your Project B use the same certificate, please set any security restrictions for your Project A. About the detailed steps about how to set your Project A, I suggest you post the problem to a suitable forum which is related to your project type.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:02 AM