Access 2010 emailDatabaseObject Macro stops working after Microsoft security update RRS feed

• Question

• Access 2010 / Macro object: emailDatabaseObject can't send emails anymore. I have used this database and that functionality for 13 years with no problem. After several Microsoft updates on the 13th I and my secretary can no longer send out any emails from any database. All the macros that have run for years stop working. I converted the macro to VBA and put in the Function it created and that won't email either. It say <MyDatabase> can't send this e-mail message. Before I converted to VBA the macro error was "Before attempting to send an e-mail message from <MyDatabase>, resolve the problem identified in the previous message, or configure your computer to send and receive e_mail messages."  I have tested Outlook 2010 and it sends out fine.   Microsoft will not help me fix it unless I pay $499.

Help

Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:45 AM

All replies

• Hello BradsQuestions,

How do you set EditMessage in the macro? If you set Yes for the option and run the macro and then click send to send the mail, could you send the mail?

According to the error message, it seems to be an issue related to Outlook E-mail Security Update. I would suggest you refer to below link to check if it could work for you.

#How to work with the Outlook E-mail Security Update in an Access database

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/263084/how-to-work-with-the-outlook-e-mail-security-update-in-an-access-datab 

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 22, 2017 5:49 AM
  • hi

I have had the same issue with a number of dbases that I have made.  I am using the macro to EMailsDatabaseObject - this worked well till an update last week.

I originally had the property Edit Message set to YES -after reading the notes left by Terry - I changed this property to NO - I now get  MS Office Outlook message "A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf. If this is unexpected, click Den and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date..  If I click allow it goes through.

This has now slowed the process down.  Is there a way to resolve the issue?

We are using Outlook 2007 and Access 2010.

Many thanks

Julie

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 12:06 AM