Can't create a new account for Windows Store. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm trying to create new account to windows store and we can't use our company name.

so what i did:

1. went to http://www.windowsstore.com/ and pressed "Dashboard" link.

2. logged in an now i see switch to use old information or to use fresh new account.

3. i chose "Use this Microsoft Developer Services account" and continue.

4. on next screen i see filled up datasheet with our info. Publisher name is "e-Legion".

5. so i checked all info and pressed "Next".

And now i see this: "This publisher display name is not available. If you are using this publisher display name with another Microsoft developer account, you'll need to link your accounts. To link your accounts, you must start over and sign in with the Microsoft account with the publisher display name that you want to use."

Ok. maybe this is okay.

6. i come back to step 2 and here i use second Start over" and continue

7. it redirects me to https://appdev.microsoft.com/StorePortals/en-us/Account/Signup/Start?lc=1033

8. i press "Register now" and it asks me to log in again. 

9. ok. i logged in again and it asks for security code.

10. i get email and passed this confirmation and it redirects me again to step 2.

How i can be registered to new Microsoft Store with old publisher name?

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:42 AM

All replies

• Hi e-Legion,

If the Publisher name is unavailable then it could be either of the 2 options listed below.

1. Someone else is using this name within the Windows Store. 
    2. At some point you have used this publisher name when creating a Microsoft account such as Windows Phone 7 developer account.  If this is the case, you will need to access that email address that was used and use it to create.

If your company has a listed name such e-legion, LLC you could use that name to create the account using whatever Microsoft Account ID of your choosing.  This would not be tied to any other services.

Thanks you,

Joe

Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:25 PM