none
Bing Spatial Data "Data error or geocoding result not found for the request." RRS feed

• Question

• I have have a large dataset of addresses in which I am attempting to get geocoded. 

I am able to get return sets of success but only when the entire subset of addresses are good addresses. 

When ever I submit a set of addresses which at least one is bad the entire set does not get returned I only get a few records returned with the FaultReason of "Data error or geocoding result not found for the request." and StatusCode of "BadRequest".

I realize many of them may be bad data, but if I may ask are there any rules or configuration I can set so I can process all of my requests and then sort out the bad data from the response?

Saturday, January 30, 2016 12:21 AM

Answers

• I'm assuming you are using the batch geocoding service. That service will process your file and if there are any errors it returns two URLs, one that lists all the addresses that geocoder and the other has the ones that failed. If an error occurred before getting to this point it is likely that the file you are uploading has a format issue, I.e. If using CSV make sure all rows have the same number of columns and make sure values that might include a comma are wrapped with quotes. If you batch geocoding a large data set I would assume you have a Bing maps license, in which case contact the support team and they can dive into this further for you.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Saturday, January 30, 2016 5:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by MatthewHalle Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:12 PM
    Saturday, January 30, 2016 5:02 PM

All replies

• I'm assuming you are using the batch geocoding service. That service will process your file and if there are any errors it returns two URLs, one that lists all the addresses that geocoder and the other has the ones that failed. If an error occurred before getting to this point it is likely that the file you are uploading has a format issue, I.e. If using CSV make sure all rows have the same number of columns and make sure values that might include a comma are wrapped with quotes. If you batch geocoding a large data set I would assume you have a Bing maps license, in which case contact the support team and they can dive into this further for you.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Saturday, January 30, 2016 5:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by MatthewHalle Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:12 PM
    Saturday, January 30, 2016 5:02 PM
  • Thanks this cleared up my miss understanding. 

I was under the miss assumption that the xml response would only return one object with success and failure combined with the statuscode changing rather then separating them in success and failure responses. 

I am using a database call to convert the address to an XML request then returning the response and saving them to the database. 

I am using an Bing maps license enterprise key.

Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:37 PM