Break on HTML1701?

Question

• Hello,

I am developing a Windows 8 Store App (based on Phonegap) using quite a lot of Javascript libraries:

• Jquery 
    • AngularJS
    • Some AngularUI stuff
    • RequireJS
    • Angular-bootstrap
    • Bootstrap
    • YDN (IndexedDB-connector)
    • AngularRoute
    • Some extesion to generate classes (for true OOP).

Maybe there's even something I forgot...

Now I am getting the HTML1701 error. That's ok, I know how to solve the problem once I know which line of code is causing the error.

But how do I get the line of code? Visual Studio does not "stop" (="break" in debugging terms) on the line of code that is causing the problem. I have been looking around VS but I can't find an option to stop when the problem occurs.

Also, the error itself is not very helpful, it points to the following location when a problem occurs:

File: about:blank

Anyone has any suggestions how to find the correct line? I have been doing some trial-and-error and adding some breakpoints and throw/catch statements around lines of code, but for some issues I have not found the problem yet and I am looking at million lines of code...

Thanks for any input!

Raoel

Friday, April 18, 2014 9:38 AM

All replies

• By default line numbers are disabled in VS but you can enable them and then simply scroll down to the offending line. I have attached the link explaining how to do it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165340.aspx

• Edited by r.c.byrne Friday, April 18, 2014 11:24 AM
    Friday, April 18, 2014 11:23 AM
  • I have enabled the line numbers, and when the error is in a file, it is shown correctly now.

However, I still get the same type of error in the file "About: blank"; I guess it is not suprising that there is no line-number.

I think it has something to do with scopes and how Visual Studio can't really follow where the code comes from. But a "break on error" would really help...

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:50 PM