none
Where to purchase MAGL? RRS feed

• Question

•  

The new MS Store no longer carries Microsoft Automatic Graph Layout!

Now what?

Saturday, November 22, 2008 3:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• It will appear there, but I do not have the date yet. I will post at the forum when I know something about MSAGL availability. It is still available at the UK store at https://emea.microsoftstore.com/UK/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-173/0_read-UK-NWA-00002/usetemplate-GenericProductDetails/.

Thanks,

Lev

Saturday, November 22, 2008 11:21 PM
  •  

Dear Nachmanson

This is Hailiang from Napier University, We are looking fowared you news about GLEE.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 10:51 AM
  • Hi Hailiang,

GLEE has become MSAGL.

Thanks,

Lev

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:40 PM
  • Is it possible to purchase MSAGL off the UK store using an American credit card, or am I unable to obtain it at this time if I can't find a UK card to charge it to?

Sunday, November 30, 2008 4:40 AM
  • I think you need to have a credit card with the address in European Union to purchase anything from the UK store.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:20 AM
  • Is there any movement / updates on this? With all due respect, MS seems to be making it exceedingly difficult to acquire this library. If you are not serious about commercializing MSAGL then release it into the public domain so it can be downloaded & extended freely.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:33 AM
  • MSAGL has to appear soon at the new Microsoft online store. Sorry for the delay.

Lev

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:21 PM
  •  Any clarity on the release date for MSAGL from the US store? Will the purchase be possible from South Africa?
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 2:44 PM
  • Hi Wilhelm,

MSAGL should be available in the Microsoft online store of United States on February 27th. It will be unavailable in South Africa, sorry.  In general, it is not clear when MSAGL will be available outside of European Union or United States.  I will post the news if any.

Thanks,

Lev

Lev Nachmanson
    Monday, February 23, 2009 8:58 PM
  • It is March 2nd and MS-AGL is still not in the Microsoft store.  If I read the license for GLEE correctly, it is NOT redistributable for Commercial Applications which means I am stuck until this is available.  What gives?
    Monday, March 2, 2009 8:02 PM
  • It was delayed and I do not know the release date. But MSAGL will appear at the MSFT US online store.  I will post the news when it is online. By the way, they changed the price at the UK store to  £152.73

Lev Nachmanson
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 1:07 AM
  •  It is now available!!!  Just search for "Graph Layout".

Now if only it told me the licensing for the $279 price.  Single user?  Site wide?

And what are the redistribution rights?
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:43 PM
  • Hi Paul,
    You can find the license agreement here.
    You can freely redistribute the DLLs and the license is per developer.
    Thanks,
    Lev
    Lev Nachmanson
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 12:04 AM
  • Awesome!
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:06 PM
  • Hi Paul,
    You can find the license agreement here.
    You can freely redistribute the DLLs and the license is per developer.
    Thanks,
    Lev
    Lev Nachmanson

Just got the library from MSDN.
    in the redist.txt lists a number of Microsoft.GLEE. xyz files that I am allowed to redistribute, can I assume that actually these should be Microsoft.Msagl.xyz files ?
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:27 AM
  • Yes, you can. It is a typo that needs to be fixed.
    Thanks,
    Lev
    Lev Nachmanson
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 12:13 PM