can metro app package d3dcompiler_44.dll and dat file I used?

Question

• I hava three questions for package, which as followed,

1. can Metro app package the *.dat or *.ini file that i used ?

2. Can Metro app package the d3dcompiler_44.dll ? I wanted to compile shader runtime, and d3dcompiler_44.dll must be used, or it will be crash . So I wanted to package the dll.

3. I install package which is outputed by my vs2011, the package will be installed where? I can't find the install directory.

Thank you for your reply. 

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'm also struggling with d3dcompiler_44.dll. Static linking will make the app crash (seems because the dll is not on the system folder). Functionally you can load the library dynamically, but this will make app not pass the certification test

It seems that at the end you simple will not be able to dynamically compile shaders if you want to publish your game on the app store. Of course this should be reflected on the allowed API documentation, where d3dcompile is listed!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:30 PM
  • It seems that at the end you simple will not be able to dynamically compile shaders if you want to publish your game on the app store

My render system has a lot of shaders which is dynamically used , do I need to recompile these shaders ? That's  terrible.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:34 AM
  • I install package which is outputed by my vs2011, the package will be installed where? I can't find the install directory.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:35 AM
  • Locking as duplicate.

1. can Metro app package the *.dat or *.ini file that i used ?

2. Can Metro app package the d3dcompiler_44.dll ? I wanted to compile shader runtime, and d3dcompiler_44.dll must be used, or it will be crash . So I wanted to package the dll.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:10 PM