none
How do I insert a Windows 7 theme package in my expressions 2 web RRS feed

• Question

• How do I insert a Windows 7 theme package in my expressions 2 web I'd like for others to be able to down load the theme package. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

www.mytravelpost.com

Friday, December 30, 2011 8:20 PM

All replies

• zip it up, upload it to your site and put a hyplerlink to the zip file on your page.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Friday, December 30, 2011 8:30 PM
  • Move the theme package into a .zip file (compressed folder) and import the .zip into the website, then link to it.
    Publish as you would any other asset.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Friday, December 30, 2011 8:34 PM
  • How are you planning to have people "install" the theme?
    Expression Web MVP
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:25 AM
  • How are you planning to have people "install" the theme?
    Expression Web MVP

Hmm, when I saw this I kind of wondered about the question. How hard could it be? So, I googled "install windows 7 theme," and found this in the #1 response:

"Installing custom Windows 7 themes can be more difficult than you think. This is a comprehensive guide that will teach you what you have to do."

It then goes on to illustrate why that statement could be true.

Funny, I probably would have never realized that there were such considerations. I'm not real big on bells and whistles, especially those that are focused on visual appearance and that have no effect on functionality.

So, yeah, I guess including installation instructions would be a good idea.  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 4:37 PM