Code-Free App Development Tools for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8

Question

• Hello

Please advise on the available code-free App development tools for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 App Store

For example: Microsoft Access can be used to create distributable desktop applications without ever writing a single line of code - Access does it all for you in the background. Where are the similar tools for creating Windows Store Apps?

• Edited by BayTree Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:15 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi G,

I think there was a simple game development project on the Microsoft Research site but I could not find it (it just may be hard to find).

Other than that Microsoft does not provide or support anything like that.  Other members may have experience with some 3rd party tools but we cannot make any recommendations.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:58 PM
  • Oh dear.

May I respectfully suggest that a code-free rapid application development environment is the single most important tool required and should be top of Microsoft's development efforts. No-one wants to write code right? But everyone wants to create great Apps.

• Edited by BayTree Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:09 PM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:06 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion.  Keep them coming!

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:16 PM
  • Hopefully someone will be able to suggest quality 3rd party code-free App development tools if Microsoft cannot help

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:13 PM