GetCommonMemberships Method - unable to reterive AD user group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

my requirement to hide/read-only few controls in the form, for AD user group. I have followed the below URL for configuration of GetCommonMembership and everything is working fine. I just drag the repeating group to the canvas - the group that contains all the field nodes of that web service.

http://claytoncobb.wordpress.com/2009/07/19/infopath-user-roles-in-browser-enabled-forms-using-groups/

Noticed that, the web service returns all the AD groups and information but except the group which i want i.e "TeamOwnersGroup". I have checked with the AD guys, they have created a group as shown below.

Do i need to do any extra configurations, other than the configuration available in above blog?

Mohammed

• Edited by MercuryMan Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:10 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:07 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Mohammed,

When you create the group in your AD environment, you should synchronize it to your SharePoint as the following.

1. Go to your SharePoint Administration.
    2. Home->Shared Services Administration->SharedServices1->User profiles and My Sites-> User profiles and properties.
    3. Start incremental import(or start full import)

Thanks,

Jack

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:46 AM
  • Hi Jack,

After AD group has been created, I did the Full Import twice and also the Incremental crawl too. I configure the GetCommonMemberships webservice and then drag the repeating group to the canvas - the group that contains all the field nodes of that web service.

Noticed that,

• The web service returns the AD Distribution List groups and also the SharePoint Groups information but except the group which i want i.e "TeamOwnersGroup".
    • When the i preview the form, in Source dropdown list it shows the options are Distribution List, SharePoint Site and Others, but not the Security List option.

Question:

GetCommonMemberships retrieves AD Distribution List groups and the SharePoint Groups but not the Security Groups, why?

Mohammed

• Edited by MercuryMan Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:28 AM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:54 AM