Show different print preview than actual print??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm looking for a way to hide an image at print time,

Actually I'm working on a cheque print form and I want show the customer a filled cheque note in the print preview form and then transfer just data (not the picture of the cheque) to the printer when he clicks on the print button.

thanks a lot

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:56 AM

All replies

• Hello all,

I'm looking for a way to hide an image at print time,

Actually I'm working on a cheque print form and I want show the customer a filled cheque note in the print preview form and then transfer just data (not the picture of the cheque) to the printer when he clicks on the print button.

thanks a lot

• Merged by Elvis Long Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:24 AM duplicates
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:56 AM
  • You cant do it

the best would be to remove the image from Report Background and let the users see the cheque details only without the image

or else you can have two reports one with image and other without image and display the one with image in an inline frame and give a print button at the bottom which will open the other one without image and print from there or you can use the same report and pass the image as a parameter

--------------------------------------------------------

Surender Singh Bhadauria

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:14 AM
  • You cant do it

the best would be to remove the image from Report Background and let the users see the cheque details only without the image

or else you can have two reports one with image and other without image and display the one with image in an inline frame and give a print button at the bottom which will open the other one without image and print from there or you can use the same report and pass the image as a parameter

Please dont post the same thing twice

--------------------------------------------------------

Surender Singh Bhadauria

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:29 AM
  • Hi Hamid Moghadam,

Based on your description, you want to show  the cheque picture in the column when preview, while display just the cheque value in printlayout, right? If I have misunderstood, please point out.

Here is the workaround I’d like to share with you. We will use a button to control visibility of the column containing cheque picture and the other column containing cheque value on demand.

1.       Add one more column to the report and assign corresponding cheque value to the column.

2.       In the Toolbox window, drag textbox to design surface.

3.       Right-click the textbox created in step 2. In the Text Box Properties pane, type Toggle for both Name option and Value option.

4.       Right-click the handle of the column containing cheque picture, select Column Visibility.

5.       Select Display can be toggled by this report item:, and in the drop-down list, choose Toggle.

6.       Right-click the handle of the column containing cheque value, select Column Visibility.

7.       Click the Hide radio button in option When the report is initially run. Then, select Display can be toggled by this report item:, and in the drop-down list, choose Toggle.

Now, only column containing cheque picture shows by default when previewing. And before printing, click Toggle to display the column containing cheque value only as you need.

Thanks,
    Lola

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 12:51 AM
  • Hi Hamid Moghadam,

I have answered your question in thread:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/7befcee6-13cd-4314-a8d9-04cd8dfccd08.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 1:04 AM