none
WEC7, Platform Files, again RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I'm looking for a way to quickly try some registry mods as I used to in <= 6.0 (without re-sysgening). So I'm modding my \PLATFORM\<NAME>\FILE\Platform.reg and looking into RelDir to locate and replace platform.reg.

I found 4 so far:

<OS Design>\RelDir\<Plat Name>_ARMV7_Checked\langproc\platform.reg

<OS Design>\RelDir\<Plat Name>_ARMV7_Checked\platform.reg

<OS Design>\RelDir\<Plat Name>_ARMV7_Checked\postproc\platform.reg

<OS Design>\Wince700\<Plat Name>_ARMV7_Checked\cesysgen\platform\<Plat Name>\files\platform.reg

I have no idea which one is picked during Make Image and also they all seems to be already filtered so can't be simply replaced with the modded platform.reg.

Any ideas guys (and girls) how to handle this? I really really really REALLY hate the idea of re-sysgening every time I do a small registry mod! Really think whoever is designing those tools at MS is totally disconnected from reality...

Thanks for any pointers.

Monday, November 14, 2011 4:08 PM

Answers

• Did the BSP that you used with previous versions include a CESYSGEN\makefile?   I suspect that it did not.
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Marked as answer by forum_user_2011 Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:32 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 5:05 PM

All replies

• Nothing changed with regard to this for Compact 7.  What changed is your BSP.

Your BSP contains a CESYSGEN folder with a makefile.   Becuase of this, your config files are sysgen'd.

The next problem may be that your platform.reg is set up to be processed during sysgen, if it is you will either need to modify it so that it doesn't need to be sysgened, or keep sysgening it.

Another solution would be to create a non-sysgened reg file that you can work with and include it at the end of platform.reg.  Example:

#include $(_TARGETPLATROOT)\Files\Platform-nosysgen.reg

With that, you can modify and run makeimg with ease.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Monday, November 14, 2011 4:25 PM
  • Interesting. I don't remember seeing 4 Platform.reg files in flat release dir, there always was just one as far as I remember in pre 7. And I don't remember them to be filtered either, i.e. the platform.reg found in flat release dir was always same as one found in \platform\files\. 
    Monday, November 14, 2011 4:36 PM
  • Did the BSP that you used with previous versions include a CESYSGEN\makefile?   I suspect that it did not.
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Marked as answer by forum_user_2011 Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:32 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 5:05 PM
  • Not sure. Need to boot into a different virtual machine to check that (thank you MS!). 
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:28 AM