List of TFS 2010 Databases RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to get the list of all the active DBs for TFS2010.

How do I get it?

Thanks

Shobs

shobsva

Monday, April 1, 2013 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Shobsva, 

Thanks for your post.

You can connect to your TFS SQL Server instance using SQL Server Management Studio, then check your TFS databases under Databases node.

For TFS 2010 databases, please refer to the Identify Databases section in this document: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms253070(v=vs.100).aspx

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:30 AM
  • Hi Shobva,

Thanks for your query.

If you are confused and dont want to use sql to list out databases, follow below method.

You can see all active database names in TFS admin console; warehouse database,analysis database names and more important collection database.

and connect to reporting services there you will find Reporting database names.

If you want to view collection db name, stop the collection in App-tier and click on edit settings.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Rajesh

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Shobsva, 

Thanks for your post.

You can connect to your TFS SQL Server instance using SQL Server Management Studio, then check your TFS databases under Databases node.

For TFS 2010 databases, please refer to the Identify Databases section in this document: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms253070(v=vs.100).aspx

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:30 AM
  • Hi Shobva,

Thanks for your query.

If you are confused and dont want to use sql to list out databases, follow below method.

You can see all active database names in TFS admin console; warehouse database,analysis database names and more important collection database.

and connect to reporting services there you will find Reporting database names.

If you want to view collection db name, stop the collection in App-tier and click on edit settings.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Rajesh

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:14 AM
  • I can follow either of method.

But I was looking for a command where I can retrive names of all the databases.

For instance in SharePoint 2010 I can run a powershell command:
    Get-SPDatabase | Format-Table Name” and that gives me all the active databases on the server.

Thanks

Shobhana

shobsva

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:42 PM
  • Hi Shobsva, 

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I know there’s no such a command line to list all TFS databases. you can submit it to User Voice site at: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. 

John Qiao [MSFT]

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:18 AM