Getting a page from another server and posting to there RRS feed

• Question

• User-621387798 posted
    I'm not 100% sure if its possible, but maybe someone can help a bit. I have an asp.net page wich needs to display inside of it an java page that comes from another server. So if someone comes on an URL like www.mynetserver.com?id=54 then he will see a banner and some input from asp.net and also i must make a request to java server and get a page www.myjavaserver.com/user.jsp?id=54. Ill take the response from java server and display it on the .net site. But i also need to be able to respond to a post from this page. So if someone enters some data on the page part that came from java server and clicks submit i need to get all the variables posted by the user and repost them to java server, wich takes the action needed. Is this possible at all? How should i do it? Is it allowed to have a form inside asp.net generated form?

Tnx, Sven

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:40 AM

All replies

• User1181216341 posted

an easy way out would be to use frames, but this will not work if you need to manipulate the data input by the user before posting to the jsp pages

otherwise I think you will need to use System.Net.HttpWebResponse and  System.Net.HttpWebRequest

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 11:28 AM