none
[UWP]Simulator Touch Leaves Circles on Screen

Question

• After using the Simulator in Visual Studio 2015 Community, it leaves little circles on my screen (for everything, not just Visual Studio) where I tapped in the Simulator. I have attached a screenshot of some of the areas to show what this looks like.

These circles do not happen until I use the touch feature of the Simulator, but they remain on my screen (both mine and the Simulator's) even after I finish debugging, and do not go away unless I restart my machine (even closing Visual Studio and the Simulator does not get rid of them). Is this a bug in the Simulator? Is it possible that it is something else on my machine? I am currently using the Surface Book i7, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Friday, February 24, 2017 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Nathan Sokalski,

Please cancel the touch feature before you leave the simulator. And in my machine I could not repro your issue.

Please update your Surface Book to the latest version. And disable anti-virus software.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Saturday, February 25, 2017 3:14 AM
  • The circles appear immediately (before I leave the Simulator), cancelling the touch feature does not make any difference. I believe my Surface Book i7 is updated to the latest version (I have all updating set to automatic), and the only anti-virus software I have is Windows Defender (which came preinstalled as part of Windows 10). Any other ideas? Thanks.

Saturday, February 25, 2017 4:32 PM
  • Hi Nathan Sokalski,

Whether you have installed other software in your surface recently? If yes, please uninstall them and to see again.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 9:34 AM
  • No, I have not recently installed other software

Monday, February 27, 2017 3:58 PM
  • Hi Nathan Sokalski,

Please uninstall emulator and re-install it again to see the results.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:28 AM