none
Where is x86 TuxNet? RRS feed

• Question

• Platform Builder for CE 5 has TuxNet and all its lovely dependencies in [Platform Builder]\5.00\CEPB\wcetk\DDTK\ARMV4I\.

But, if you go to any other architecture directory like the x86 directory, none of the .net assemblies or TuxNet.exe are there!

I can put the .NET assemblies and such from the ARMV4I directory on to an x86 CE device and run them, but the native DLLs they reference are missing methods. "Error tuxnet.EXE MissingMethodException Can't find PInvoke DLL 'qa.dll'. at Microsoft.WindowsCE.Logging.LogUtils.get_VirtualRelease()" (qa.dll does exist for x86 CE, but doesn't export get_VirtualRelease())

Any ideas?

Thanks,

PaulH

Friday, November 18, 2011 3:08 PM

Answers

• As far as I can see, Platform Builder for Windows CE 5.0 (general embedded) does not ship with TuxNet.exe. Non of my Platform Builder 5 and 6 installations has those files. I only have those files as part of the Windows Embedded Compact 7 Test Kit.

It seams, as you're using Platform Builder for Windows Mobile. 
    TuxNet is available as part of the Windows Mobile Test Framework - so it would make perfect sense to ship those tools a as part or PB for Windows Mobile. Not shipping anything else except ARMv4I binaries does make sense because WM only supported that platform.

So I suspect that you won't find TuxNet and its dependencies for Windows CE 5.0 x86.

Michael

MVP Windows Embedded
    • Marked as answer by PaulH79 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:08 PM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:13 AM

All replies

• As far as I can see, Platform Builder for Windows CE 5.0 (general embedded) does not ship with TuxNet.exe. Non of my Platform Builder 5 and 6 installations has those files. I only have those files as part of the Windows Embedded Compact 7 Test Kit.

It seams, as you're using Platform Builder for Windows Mobile. 
    TuxNet is available as part of the Windows Mobile Test Framework - so it would make perfect sense to ship those tools a as part or PB for Windows Mobile. Not shipping anything else except ARMv4I binaries does make sense because WM only supported that platform.

So I suspect that you won't find TuxNet and its dependencies for Windows CE 5.0 x86.

Michael

MVP Windows Embedded
    • Marked as answer by PaulH79 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:08 PM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:13 AM
  • So, just so I'm clear, Tux and TuxNet are part of two different test frameworks. Tux is part of the CE Test Kit, but TuxNet is part of the Windows Mobile Test Kit and that's why Tux exists for x86 CE, but TuxNet does not. Correct?

Harrumph.

Fortunately, MS made the assembly interface fairly simple. It won't be too difficult to re-implement the parts of TuxNet I need for Windows CE. 

Thanks,

PaulH

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:08 PM
  • Based on what I know, that's correct.

Michael

MVP Windows Embedded
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:22 PM