website replication RRS feed

• Question

• User2025005820 posted

Hi,

I want to allow each user to create a webpage on our domain. example: www.site.com/username

I've created a few pages that get content from database and place it in a folder. I want each user to be able to edit their own data and when they hit "submit". the system will then copy those pages to a folder and modify the code so it read from the right database.

I keep getting "virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS" errors. Is there any way around this error? I want the process to be 100% automatic so that I don't need to manually go into the server and configure the IIS myself.

Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks

Monday, March 1, 2010 6:53 PM

Answers

• User-863835478 posted

You said:"I keep getting "virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS" errors. Is there any way around this error? I want the process to be 100% automatic so that I don't need to manually go into the server and configure the IIS myself." 

Have you created and configured the users' pages properly? If yes, the updates should not cause errors. The process is intended to be 100% automatic for update only, right?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 8:48 PM