none
Which Azure Blob Storage is need and Azure LiveEncoder?! RRS feed

• Question

• https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/architecture/digital-media-live-stream/

Show me that I need an Blod Storage. So which one?
    So real time Encoding (reduce the Size for Mobiles for example right?) cost me:

Live Channels with Live Encoding 
    First 20 hours/month ~€0.048/minute (€2.834/hour )

per Viewer?

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 4:44 PM

All replies

• Azure Media Services accounts require an Azure Storage Blob account (General Purpose v2 is best) when the account is created.  See the docs on how to create a new account for details there. 

For live encoding you have two options. A pass-through channel, where you are doing the multi-bitrate encoding upstream using your own encoder, and our live channel with encoding (which is the pricing you copied above).  
    The live encoding channel transcodes to MBR using a set 720p profile with 6 layers.  

The cost you have above is correct.  If you are archiving the live content for on-demand streaming, you would pay for the storage used for the archive. 

In addition if you are doing Streaming of the video you must have at least 1 Streaming Endpoint enabled.  The Standard Endpoint is typically good for most customer scenarios (until you get up into the 100s of thousands of viewers or multi CDNs pulling data from the origins.)

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 8:59 PM