Sys is Undefined RRS feed

• Question

• User417383398 posted

Hi i am trying to implement AJAX Beta 2 in my web application. Script Manager and Update Panel works fine when i run the application in my local machine. But it gives the error "sys is undefined" when i host the site in remote server. I wonder if there is left any configuration to be done for the virtual directory of the web application in the IIS in remote.

So far i have tried enabling "script source access" and "write" options for the virtual directory of the site.But it ended in the same error. At present i am using "VS 2005 Team suite Edition".Is there any additional configuration to be done in this case. I have read almost every post, but it don't contribute to my solution. I really look forward for the solution of this error.Thank you in advance

Tuesday, December 5, 2006 5:26 AM

Answers

• User2146958572 posted
    I figured out my problem. I just need to move my reference to Sys. below the instantiation of the asp:ScriptMnager in my code.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, December 8, 2006 3:56 PM

All replies

• User352232000 posted
    I doubt the problem is in the permission.Try to test if it works fine in local IIS,not in the development server.You should make sure your ajax web application works fine in local machine.Try to add NetWork Service to the virtual directory in remote IIS host.
    Generally speaking,"Sys in undefined" may be caused by the permission.Try to set full access permission in IIS and check if it works fine.
    Thursday, December 7, 2006 3:56 AM
  • User-182899352 posted
    Did you update your web.config to include the ScriptResourceHandler?
    Thursday, December 7, 2006 11:46 AM
  • User352232000 posted

Hi chenriks,

If we install Ajax Beta 2 in PC and create a new AjaxEnabledWebsite,ScriptResourceHandler should be included in web.config as the following.

<httpHandlers>
             <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
             <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, Microsoft.Web.Extensions,     Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
              <add verb="GET" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="Microsoft.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler" validate="false"/>
      </httpHandlers>

But if we include ScriptResourceHandler in web.config, we still get the error message saying "Sys is Undefined" sometimes. Do you have any suggestions for us to resolve this issue?

Thursday, December 7, 2006 8:03 PM
  • User2146958572 posted

I'm getting the same "Sys is Undefined" error but on my development machine after adding the following line to my master page:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance().add_beginRequest(...)

I have the ScriptResource.axd line listed further above in my web.config.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Friday, December 8, 2006 2:44 PM
  • User2146958572 posted
    I figured out my problem. I just need to move my reference to Sys. below the instantiation of the asp:ScriptMnager in my code.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, December 8, 2006 3:56 PM