Infopath form issues after migration - HELP please RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    I have done some migration from SP Online to SP Online..It all went well apart from this issue not being able to open custom forms built with InfoPath and its just annoying..

What I noticed is when I republish the form(Published ok and says it successful) I can see the newifs.aspx etc  being generated under the list/item folder and a template.xsn.

Then I have also gone and set the InfoPath pages newifs.aspx as default via sharepoint designer.

When I then go and edit or try to add new item the page kind of redirect... and hangs in a little bit and then I get the "

Hmmm...can’t reach this page"

When I look at the network log its a Status code :302. Then looked at the url and it looked wrong.
    So what I did was copied a correct url of another site collection and modified it to be very similar and then copied and pasted that in but still got a 302 error.

The last thing i'm thinking is I might need to change some url somewhere so I downloaded the template.xsn for the list but not sure whether that's where I need to change a link or somewhere else.

If anyone has come across this before please let me know or any other hint that could help.

Thanks in Advance

Thursday, January 3, 2019 3:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Patrick,

Then enable the below yellow marked option from Admin center -> InfoPath.

Thivagar SEGAR
    [If this Post helps you, then please don't forget to mark it answer or Vote for this post]

Thursday, January 3, 2019 5:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,

I didn't came across this kind of issue, but my assumption is your infopath form still pointing to your old environment (tenant).

So suggest you to open that infopath form using InfoPath Designer and cross check the Data connection settings, so your SharePoint list should be your current tenant list

If not, then add a new data connection and publish the same form and then check the functionality.

Thivagar SEGAR
    [If this Post helps you, then please don't forget to mark it answer or Vote for this post]

Thursday, January 3, 2019 4:55 AM
  • Thanks Thivagar. 'm sure it is publishing to the right tenant as when I go to sharepoint designer I can see the newifs.aspx page being published. I can also preview the form in preview mode when in InfoPath

The other thing I tried though is when I go directly to 

https://tenant.sharepoint.com/sites/Test/_layouts/15/FormServer.aspx?XsnLocation=/sites/Test/Lists/Exit/item/template.xsn

directly I get this error below (If I do the same in another tenant the form loads perfectly)

Error

There has been an error while loading the form.
    Click Try again to attempt to load the form again. If this error persists, contact the support team for the Web site.

Click Close to exit this message.
    Hide error details
    Browser-enabled forms are currently disabled. Contact your server administrator for help with this issue.

Correlation ID:ab44b29e-0047-0000-14b0-64a957cbb3e0
    <input autocomplete="off" style="background-color:rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.85);border-bottom-color:#444444;border-bottom-style:none;border-bottom-width:0px;border-image-outset:0;border-image-repeat:stretch;border-image-slice:100%;border-image-source:none;border-image-width:1;border-left-color:#444444;border-left-style:none;border-left-width:0px;border-right-color:#444444;border-right-style:none;border-right-width:0px;border-top-color:#444444;border-top-style:none;border-top-width:0px;color:#444444;font-family:Segoe UI,Segoe,Tahoma,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11.73px;height:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-padding-right:0px;padding-vertical-align:middle;width:0px;" tabindex="-1" type="text" />

Is this an admin centre settings?

Thanks in Advance

Thursday, January 3, 2019 5:15 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

Then enable the below yellow marked option from Admin center -> InfoPath.

Thivagar SEGAR

Thursday, January 3, 2019 5:28 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

Is there any update?

If Thivagar's reply helps you, you can mark it as answer.

If you need further help about this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Sunday, January 6, 2019 3:35 AM