none
Unable to deploy sysvad (Swap APO) sample project from Microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on custom APO development. Since I am new to this work, I started with sysvad (Swap APO) sample project from Microsoft.

I installed the environment (WDK 8.1) on target PC for deployment and followed all instructions given by Microsoft in description.html file. Compilation on host PC and provisioning of target PC is successful, but deployment on target PC fails.

Error on target PC during deployment is as given below:

If anyone have any idea about this issue, please give your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vikas

Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:10 AM

All replies

• Many driver writers have abandoned the automatic Visual Studio deployment, just because there are so many unknowns.

If you have a complete driver package, with CAT, INF, and your APO DLL, you can just go through Device Manager and do Update Driver.

Have you updated the default INF file to match your sound card's hardware identifier?

Tim Roberts, VC++ MVP Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Friday, August 14, 2015 4:29 AM
  • Thanks for reply.

Currently I don't have my APO DLL. To develop my APO DLL, I started with a sample project first to understand the APO framework and usage details. But I could not deploy it and couldn't verify the usage due to the issue I mentioned.

I am not aware of default INF file modifications required, it would be very helpful if you can give details.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vikas

Friday, August 14, 2015 9:32 AM