Apparent bug in "Description" field of Properties->Project causing experiment to load forever RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I ran into a very strange and concerning problem. I had captured some notes about my experiment in the "Description" field under Properties->Project. I noticed how these notes continued to get garbled every time I open the <g class="gr_ gr_450 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="450" id="450">experiment,</g> but did not bother too much with continuing to fix the notes. It seems like a bug of sorts resulted in multiple / characters being added between each new line in the field. This has now resulted in the experiment to load forever when I attempt to open it, probably because the Description field now contains a huge amount of / characters. My browser consumes huge amounts of CPU and RAM, and the experiment just does not conclude loading. I've tried restarting my browser, and also tried different browsers. The problem remains.

Does anyone have advice on how to fix this? I'm wondering if someone with access to the backend might be able to go into my experiment and just delete the contents of this Description field altogether.

Regards,

AlbertGaz

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Albert,

Could you possibly share the experiment that had this issue?

Please let us know if you can (and thanks),

jmp

• Proposed as answer by jopela-msft Saturday, July 9, 2016 2:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by jopela-msft Saturday, July 9, 2016 2:20 PM
    Friday, July 8, 2016 1:33 PM

All replies

• Good news. Through sheer luck, I managed to "select all" and "delete" the contents of the "Description" field. That did indeed solve the problem. It would still be good if someone can look into this bug, since a ever-growing Description field cannot be a good thing...
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:52 PM
  • Hi Albert,

We'll look into this - might be a transient bug (as we unit test for conditions like these.)

Will let you know what we find.

jmp

Friday, July 8, 2016 1:26 PM
  • Hi Albert,

Could you possibly share the experiment that had this issue?

Please let us know if you can (and thanks),

jmp

• Proposed as answer by jopela-msft Saturday, July 9, 2016 2:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by jopela-msft Saturday, July 9, 2016 2:20 PM
    Friday, July 8, 2016 1:33 PM