WebMatrix problem with MySql connection RRS feed

• Question

• User-2033995938 posted

Hi,

I have a problem with mysql applications in webmatrix. When I try to publish the site, importing a file.publishsettings, where there are the connections string to database "SQL" and "MYSQL", and click on "Validate Connection", I receive an error "Remote server contacted. Cannot access database". Is very strange, because if I publish an application that not needed mysql database work regularly. The connection string is right, because if I use "msdeploy" string below, work ( the C:\Temp\Test.sql contain a simple CREATE TABLE).

C:\Program Files\IIS\Microsoft Web Deploy V2>msdeploy -verb:sync -source:dbMySql
    =C:\Temp\Test.sql -dest:dbMySql="server=MySql159.domain.com;uid
    =MS183026_dba;pwd=mypassword;database=domain_net_testdb",wmsvc=farm06.domain.
    com:8172/msdeploy.axd?site=testwin.biz,userName=testuserwin@testwin.biz,password
    =mypassword

If I publish an application that use SQL database, the validate and the publish work.
    The Mysql platform is an external linux environment, but I don't believe that this is a problem, because him should be use connection string information.

Regards.

Massimiliano.

Monday, December 20, 2010 8:22 AM

Answers

• User-2033995938 posted

Hi,

I have solved the problem. Even if the MySQL envirnoment is external, the machine that start msdeploy, in my case the remote administration server, needed to:

1. Copy mysqldump.exe (typically from C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin) to your web server in c:\mysqldump\mysqldump.exe

2. On the web server, set a registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\IIS Extensions\MSDeploy\1\mysqldumppath) to string value == “c:\mysqldump\mysqldump.exe”)

In this way the connection validate pass. ;-.)

Regards.

Massimiliano.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 9:11 AM

All replies

• User-2033995938 posted

Hi,

I have solved the problem. Even if the MySQL envirnoment is external, the machine that start msdeploy, in my case the remote administration server, needed to:

1. Copy mysqldump.exe (typically from C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin) to your web server in c:\mysqldump\mysqldump.exe

2. On the web server, set a registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\IIS Extensions\MSDeploy\1\mysqldumppath) to string value == “c:\mysqldump\mysqldump.exe”)

In this way the connection validate pass. ;-.)

Regards.

Massimiliano.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 9:11 AM
  • User-2123722886 posted
    One quick note: for Web Deploy v2, the key path has to be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\IIS Extensions\MSDeploy\2\mysqldumppath (i.e. I replaced 1 with 2)
    Monday, December 20, 2010 2:36 PM