HTML5 Numeric Spinner / NumericUpDown control? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a numeric spinner control in WinJS?  It looks like this;

numeric spinner

I tried the following but it does not work (it renders like the image in Chrome)

<input type='number' />

http://jsfiddle.net/rZ8EU/1/

Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:33 PM

Answers

• I just realized, MSFT actually does provide a numeric input with touch-friendly buttons. It just doesn't seem to be available to WinJS.

Take a look at this:

Looks familiar doesn't it? Shouldn't bee too difficult for MSFT to bring this to WinJS ;-)

• Marked as answer by Shawn McGough Monday, July 1, 2013 11:39 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:01 AM
  • Is this a fixed range (like 1-30) or infinite? If it's fixed then you should use a select element, which will give you a nice wheel-of-fortune interface.

The trouble I see with your control is that it's not touch accessible as it stands, you would want a different design that has bigger touch targets for the arrows.

Monday, March 18, 2013 5:24 PM

All replies

• I don't think there is something like that but I hope we'll get it eventually.

For the time being you may want to look at the Telerik controls in the Windows Store.

Monday, March 18, 2013 5:10 PM
  • Is this a fixed range (like 1-30) or infinite? If it's fixed then you should use a select element, which will give you a nice wheel-of-fortune interface.

The trouble I see with your control is that it's not touch accessible as it stands, you would want a different design that has bigger touch targets for the arrows.

Monday, March 18, 2013 5:24 PM
  • I just realized, MSFT actually does provide a numeric input with touch-friendly buttons. It just doesn't seem to be available to WinJS.

Take a look at this:

Looks familiar doesn't it? Shouldn't bee too difficult for MSFT to bring this to WinJS ;-)

• Marked as answer by Shawn McGough Monday, July 1, 2013 11:39 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:01 AM