Visual Studio Project Template Back a directory RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make a project template that has a library already put into it but the folder that I want it to be in needs to be in the Solution Directory. The default is the project directory. I just need to go back one directory from the project directory to be in the solution directory and I have no clue on how to do that.
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 3:40 PM

Answers

• Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Do you mean you want to add an individual folder which directly under the Solution into the Project to create a new custom project template?

As far as I know, we can only create a custom project/item template without any reference from the solution or create multi-project templates, it seems there have not such feature that you want.

Please go to the VS user voice to report this suggestion to the VS Product Team and share the link in here, then we will help you vote it.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Sir_Disco Friday, March 23, 2018 4:10 PM
    Friday, March 23, 2018 6:27 AM