none
Ad hoc Reporting Database RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Manchau15,

The document you are referring to is part of a larger tutorial where there are 9 individual tutorials. The reporting tutorial is the last one in the series. In tutorial #8 you create the analytics database and #9 you run queries. You will learn quite a bit by stepping through this tutorial in its entirety but if you have specific questions, please let us know what those are. Additionally, you could jump to step 8 and 9 and look at the specific steps that are involved to get an idea of how it is set-up.

Please see:

SQL Database Wingtip SaaS tutorials

Saturday, February 15, 2020 12:27 AM
  • Hi 

Please let us know if you need any further help regarding this.

Thanks
    Navtej S

Monday, February 17, 2020 5:48 PM
  • Hi,

I don't want to use WingTip application as i don't have Azure account. I just want to know the purpose of creating adhoc reporting database.  I have gone through the doc and understood that we need to create external table in adhoc reporting database so that i can do cross database query in azure multi-tenant structure. Is this what that doc says? or anything else?

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 10:00 AM
  • Hi Manchau15,

You are correct. The adhoc database serves as a single access point for a multi-tenant environment, making it easier to query data spanning all customers. Additionally, the tenant data can be extracted and imported to the adhoc reporting database for 'off-line' reporting and data warehousing capabilities. An example might be related to data retention or reporting specific requirements. The adhoc database could allow for longer data retention periods, either to address cost or operational requirements or because the data needs to be enriched or merged for reporting requirements. 

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Mike

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 6:02 PM
  • Thanks for reply,

I just wants to confirm that whether the Azure sql database architecture are Single tenant, Database per tenant or Shard tenant the process of creating ad hoc reporting are same? 

8 hours 45 minutes ago