none
MSVCR100.dll is missing' error RRS feed

• Question

• When I deploy an Office Add In through ClickOnce, on one of my 32 bit machines, I get the following error.

The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing.'

Is there anyway to fix this? Or get it added automatically with the deployment.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Darryl Bartlett,

>>The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing<<

Based on the MSVCR100.dll, it seems that you were developing with  Visual C++ 2010 Runtime. We need set the prerequisites before we publish the solution.

Here are some helpful article for your reference:
    How to: Install Prerequisites with a ClickOnce Application

Deploying an Office Solution by Using ClickOnce

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:14 AM
  • Hi Darryl Bartlett,

>>Thanks although I can't find the option in Prequisites? Only Visual C++ 2013 Runtime?<<

Yes. The version of Visual C++ runtime you were using depends on the version of Visual Studio you were developing. If you were developing with Visual Studio 2013, the Visual C++ 2013 runtime is correct.

If you still have issue about publishing with ClickOnce, I suggest that you reopen a new issue in ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Darryl Bartlett,

>>The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing<<

Based on the MSVCR100.dll, it seems that you were developing with  Visual C++ 2010 Runtime. We need set the prerequisites before we publish the solution.

Here are some helpful article for your reference:
    How to: Install Prerequisites with a ClickOnce Application

Deploying an Office Solution by Using ClickOnce

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:14 AM

• Thanks although I can't find the option in Prequisites? Only Visual C++ 2013 Runtime?
    Monday, September 7, 2015 3:19 PM
  • Hi Darryl Bartlett,

>>Thanks although I can't find the option in Prequisites? Only Visual C++ 2013 Runtime?<<

Yes. The version of Visual C++ runtime you were using depends on the version of Visual Studio you were developing. If you were developing with Visual Studio 2013, the Visual C++ 2013 runtime is correct.

If you still have issue about publishing with ClickOnce, I suggest that you reopen a new issue in ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum.

Regards & Fei

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:50 AM