Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 provider is not registered on the local machine- Class Library . win 7 - 64 bit - RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I wrote a Class Library Program( DLL ) using  VB.Net - It works fine in a 32 bit machine. But when it runs on a 64 bit machine(win 7) . Get this Error:

'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine." Trying to open an access file

I know this is a 64 bit problem and the solution is change the Target Platform to 32 bit instead of Any CPU , In Soluton Properites. But my application is not a windows Form applcaiton(when I built it it created Dll , Not exe ),  therefore  the Target Plat form is not actiavated in the propeties Tab.

Anybody could help me here. My job continuation depends on this. I am base on a contract and now  company is upgrading all machines to 64 and my Test program doesn't work. I already checked and have the latest version of Microsoft Jet. Thanks  for reading.

Friday, October 29, 2010 11:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/?query=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0&rq=meta:Search.MSForums.ForumID(866ccbce-53c9-4c68-afb2-d314c5915f4b)+site:microsoft.com&rn=64-Bit+.NET+Framework+Development.+Forum

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, December 7, 2010 8:33 AM
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 12:37 AM
  • Mr Sheng Thanks for reply,

I already read all those threads, Those answers are for ASP.Net, Console and  Windows form application. We are talking about "CLASS LIBRARY " HERE.  "DLL"

I can't change the target Plat form using  dot.net 2010 Ultimate version,It is always "AnyCPU" .  If you know the answer please help me right here rather than refering to a Link. I am frustrated. Big time.

I can't mark it answered because it is not answered. Thanks again though for your time.

Saturday, October 30, 2010 4:53 AM
  • Build->Configuration manager->Active configuration->New. Choose X86 as the target platform.

You can't choose does not mean you can't create then choose.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Daniel Rieck Saturday, October 30, 2010 1:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by David Sharifi Saturday, October 30, 2010 2:43 PM
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 5:18 AM
  • Thank Sheng,

I didn't know that. Guess I can keep my job.

Good week end.

Saturday, October 30, 2010 2:44 PM