Getting error on navigation in cordova app

Question

• I have successfully created xap file for my windows application using cordova. I have deployed cordova app on my windows phone. App runs fine but giving following error on navigations.

You Need to Install an App For This Task.Would You Like to Search One in the Store?

Please help me

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 12:33 PM

Answers

• Well, you may need to check if your URI is correct, for instance if we request a unknown protocol, the app will tell us to install an app to handle it. 

So, I would suggest you to simply test on your Visual Studio Emulator by setting breakpoint near that code to see if your code is trying to active the correct protocol. However as I know in WinJS, xhr is used to handle ajax calls. Could you give a try with this?

Besides, to narrow down the question, I would also recommend you to create a blank WinJS app with the target code to see if the problem is on the code or on the framework(cordova).

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Mangesh,

Probably somewhere in your code have URI activation like (http://, IE can handle this), please try to validate if you have such code in your app.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:53 AM
  • yes, I have created a web api and am getting whole data by firing ajax calls.

I have deployed same app on android its working fine but giving this error on windows only.

What should I do now?? How to bypass this issue??

Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:34 AM
  • Well, you may need to check if your URI is correct, for instance if we request a unknown protocol, the app will tell us to install an app to handle it. 

So, I would suggest you to simply test on your Visual Studio Emulator by setting breakpoint near that code to see if your code is trying to active the correct protocol. However as I know in WinJS, xhr is used to handle ajax calls. Could you give a try with this?

Besides, to narrow down the question, I would also recommend you to create a blank WinJS app with the target code to see if the problem is on the code or on the framework(cordova).

--James

Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:42 AM