Application bar stops working RRS feed

• Question

• Even using the base template application (none of my code) for C# Metro Grid Application, when you bring up the app bar and then head back to the home collection, the app bar will not work anymore.  Any thoughts?
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:42 PM

All replies

• Can you please provide exact repro steps and a clearer description of what you mean by "not work"?  If you can list the steps exactly along with a description of the behavior you expect and a description of the behavior you actually see then that will be helpful to diagnose the problem.

--Rob

Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:54 PM
  • When you compile a C# grid application from the new -> project template and then navigate to one of the detail pages the app bar will work by swping up from the bottom of the screen. Simply use the home icon on the app bar and then naviagte to a detail page again and it will not appear when swiping up from the bottom or down from the top.

Thanks,

-- Ed

Monday, October 31, 2011 1:41 PM
  • I am also having this problem. Both in the GridApplication Template (unchanged) sample code and my own code.

After I set window.current.content to another page, the page with the second appbar does not respond. If i set the window content back to the first page the appbar on that page still responds. If I open the appbar and then navigate to the second page while it is still open, the second pages appbar is visible and responsive.

Basically once the second page is set, the appbar fails to repsond to requests to open it on any other page other than the first page.

It should be noted that I am on a non touch machine and just tested my app in the emulator and a swipe seems to open the appbar on the second page. A right click only works on the first page outside the emulator. Perhaps this bug is only manifesting via mouse control.

My app is xaml/c#. Other default apps such as socialite seem to work ok with appbar on multiple pages.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:31 AM
  •  I also have same problem ,and some try I find solution

public MainPage()
            {
                RightTapped += new Windows.UI.Xaml.Input.RightTappedEventHandler(MainPage_RightTapped);
            }

In mainpage i register RightTapped  event

void MainPage_RightTapped(object sender, Windows.UI.Xaml.Input.RightTappedEventArgs e) { BottomAppBar.IsPersistent = !BottomAppBar.IsPersistent; TopAppBar.IsPersistent = !TopAppBar.IsPersistent; }

BottomAppBar and TopAppBar was ApplicationBar

that's work will !!!

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:44 AM