none
How to 'fix' maximum parallel jobs reached when triggering Build in Azure Devops?

Question

• I'm testing out some YAML code in bare-bones PAYG subscription I just started. I've been playing with a few things but somehow my Agents 'Hosted' and 'Hosted VS2017" are now stuck saying I've maxed out the parallel jobs. 

I've been deleting everything (every pipeline, definition, etc.) I can get my hands on just to get a clean start, however I keep ending up with the same error. This thing's been running for 5+ hours now. 

Looking for alternatives.

Monday, April 1, 2019 6:00 PM

All replies

• Please note that the following limits would apply depending on the type of your project:

"If you want to run your builds and releases on machines that Microsoft manages, use Microsoft-hosted parallel jobs. Your jobs run on our pool of Microsoft-hosted agents.

We provide a free tier of service by default in your organization:

Public project: 10 free Microsoft-hosted parallel jobs that can run for up to 360 minutes (6 hours) each time, with no overall time limit per month.
    Private project: One free parallel job that can run for up to 60 minutes each time, until you've used 1,800 minutes (30 hours) per month.

When the free tier is no longer sufficient:

Public project: Contact us to get your free tier limits increased.
    Private project: You can pay for additional capacity per parallel job. Paid parallel jobs remove the monthly time limit and allow you to run each job for up to 360 minutes (6 hours). Buy Microsoft-hosted parallel jobs."

Please check if this is the case with you, else revert to us with details.

Monday, April 1, 2019 7:15 PM
  • Hello pythonista22,

Just following up to check if you were able to get through the reported error?

If yes, please feel free to share your solution here so others in the Community can benefit. Thank you!

Saturday, April 6, 2019 10:56 AM
  • Hi pythonista22,

Let us know if there is anything else related to this thread that we can assist you with, else please feel free to mark and close this out if any of the above responses have been of help! Thanks again for reaching out!

Monday, April 15, 2019 4:18 PM